Ripe strawberry aromas combine with plum and other black fruits on the palate
Zion Winery is one of the oldest wineries in Israel. It was founded in 1848 by Rabbi Mordechai Avraham Shor and his son, Rabbi Yitzchak Shor, who wanted to serve the growing Ashkanazi population in Jerusalem. The western wall of the winery was formed with a part of the sacred Wailing Wall, so Rabbi Yitzchak warned people against touching the wall and placed wine barrels along the wall to protect it. In 1925, during the British Mandate period, the winery was moved out of the Old City into the Beit Yisrael neighborhood. And, in 1982, the business was moved to Mishor Adumim. Over the years, the winery has focused on producing spirits (arak, vodka, etc.), tirosh, and semidry and dessert wines.